Morehead City Marlins News
Town Approves Marlins Long Term Lease
[11/14/12] - Morehead City, NC- The Morehead City Marlins now have a long term home at Big Rock Stadium. On Tuesday Night, the Morehead City Town Council unanimously approved a long term contract with the Marlins.
Former Kansas City Royal and Team USA Coach, to Manage Marlins
 - The Morehead City Marlins have officially announced their next manager for the 2012 season. Former Major League Baseball player and Team USA 18u hitting coach, Brian McRae (picture courtesy of Chris Vleisides/Kansas City Royals), will lead the Marlins in their quest for the Petitt Cup Championship.
Coastal Plain League Announces 2012 Schedule
 - The Coastal Plain League has announced its schedule for the 2012 summer season. After a second successful season, the Morehead City Marlins will once again take the field at Big Rock Stadium in hopes of capturing its first Petitt Cup Championship.
Marlins Still Searching for Host Families for 2012 Season
 - The Morehead City Marlins Baseball Team is currently searching for host families for the 2012 season. The Marlins are ideally looking for host families in Morehead City, Newport, Beaufort, Atlantic Beach, and Pine Knoll Shores for their players, coaches, or interns.
Marlins to Host Team USA
 - The Morehead City Marlins are pleased to announce they will play the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team, on June 27 at Big Rock Stadium. This will be the first ever exhibition contest between the two teams and will undoubtedly add further excitement to the 2012 schedule.
Forty-Four Coastal Plain League Alums in 2012 MLB Spring Training Camps
 - Baseball is in the air now that spring training games are set to begin March 2, and there are 44 Coastal Plain League alums that highlight rosters in both the Cactus and Grapefruit Leagues
Marlins Hire Director of Media Relations
 - After completing an off-season search, the Marlins are pleased to announce the addition of Matt Sutor to the organization as the Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations for the 2012 season.
Marlins Return Four Players
 - As opening day is just two and a half months away, the Marlins are happy to announce the return of four players to the organization. Dario Santangelo, Aaron Stull, Drew Woodall and Corey Bass are all making their return to Morehead City for the second time around.
Marlins Launch New Website
 - The Morehead City Marlins have officially launched their new website in advance of the highly anticipated 2012 season.
Marlins Add to Outfield
 - As April gets underway, the Marlins are excited to add two players to the roster. Sam Ott (pictured right) and Chad Shannon (pictured left), both outfielders, will be spending the summer at the Crystal Coast.
Applications Available for Marlins Game Day Staff
 - The Morehead City Marlins Baseball Team is currently seeking applicants for all summer game day staff positions for the 2012 summer season.
Big Rock Stadium to host 2nd NJCAA Region X Tournament
 - Morehead City, N.C. – As the 2012 CPL season quickly approaches, Big Rock Stadium will see its fair share of collegiate baseball in the near future before the Marlins officially kick off their quest for the Petitt Cup. The ‘Rock’ will once again host the Carolinas-Virginia Conference Region X, DII Baseball Tournament.
Marlins Opening Night Presented by Carteret Vision Center
 - The Marlins Baseball Team is very excited to begin their third season in Morehead City next week.
Marlins Pound 14 Hits in Opening Night Win
 - Marlins score 6 runs from the sixth inning on for opening day victory
Home-Opener Rained Out
 - Tonight's game, Wednesday, May 29, has been postponed.
Quiet Bats, Errors Plague Marlins in Loss
 - Early errors cost Marlins as Tobs take advantage.
Sharks Pitching Stifles Marlins
 - Marlins manage just three hits in loss to Sharks
Marlins Fall to SwampDogs Offensive Onslaught
 - Fayetteville scores early and often as the Marlins drop their third straight game.
Annunziata Leads Marlins to 9-6 Victory
 - Annunziata cracks two home runs in Marlins debut.
Generals Pitching Shuts Down Marlins' Bats
 - Marlins strike out 13 times in home loss to Generals.
Defense Defeats Marlins in Loss to SwampDogs
 - Marlins commit four errors in loss at Fayetteville.
Marlins Fall to 'Dogs in 10
 - Marlins lose in 10 innings for third straight loss.
Five Marlins Alumni Selected in 2012 MLB Draft
 - Chris Taylor, Joe Sclafani, Ben Klimesh, Sam Kimmel and Corey Thompson were all picked up by major league organizations.
Marlins and Sharks Split Twinbill
 - Marlins snap four-game losing streak with split of double-header in Wilmington.
Sharks Bite Marlins, 7-5 in 12 Innings
 - Marlins drop second straight home game in extra innings.
Steamers Stay Perfect, Down Marlins in Low-Scoring Affair
 - Steamers improve to 9-0 as Marlins drop second straight.
Marlins Can’t Capitalize, Fall to Pilots 4-3
 - Marlins leave 16 on base as they drop their third straight.
Sharks Launch Three Home Runs, Down Marlins 9-3
 - Marlins drop fourth straight as Sharks hit three home runs.
Marlins Hook Pilots 5-2, Snap Skid
 - Marlins snap four-game skid, notch seven hits in win.
Grizzlies Clip Marlins in Back-and-Forth Affair
 - Marlins drop one-run contest to Gastonia at home.
Marlins Take Game Two, Drop First in Petersburg
 - Marlins split a double-header in Petersburg, earn fifth win of season.
Wainman Dominant, Bats Awaken in Marlins Win
 - Wainman strikes out 10 as offense posts eight runs in second straight win.
Marlins Plate Three in Eighth, Win Third Straight
 - Marlins win third straight game, down Tobs 3-1
Marlins Fall to Owls, Snap Three-Game Winning Streak
 - Owls down Marlins with one in seventh and two in eighth.
Blowfish Win in Ninth Over Marlins
 - Marlins fall to Blowfish on walk-off double.
Marlins Walk-Off Over Military All-Stars
 - Marlins defeat U.S. Military All-Stars 3-2 in exhibition game.
Marlins and Steamers Rained Out
 - Game scheduled for June 22 has been rained out with no makeup scheduled.
Marlins Come From Five Down, Win in Walk-Off Fashion
 - Marlins win on walk-off double in bottom of the tenth.
Bark in the Park Night
 - Marlins and Steamer match up in double-header.
Marlins Take First, Drop Second Against Steamers
 - Marlins split double header with Steamers, 4-3 win and 8-2 loss.
Marlins to Host Team USA
 - Marlins host Team USA National Team on Wednesday, June 27.
Marlins Partner With Make-A-Wish Eastern North Carolina
 - Marlins to host local children and families.
Team USA Drops Marlins 6-1
 - Marlins manage just three hits in loss to Team USA.
Strong Pitching, Timely Hitting Lead Marlins Past Mustangs
 - Marlins score three in seventh in 3-1 win.
Former New Bern Pitcher, Warren, to Debut with Yankees
 - Adam Warren to make Major League debut.
Pilots Fly Past Marlins in First Half Finale
 - Pilots down Marlins 9-5 in last game of first half.
Clams Swallow Marlins in Second Half Opener
 - Steamers blow out Marlins in first game of second half.
Marlins and SwampDogs Rained Out
 - Marlins and SwampDogs rained out, rescheduled for Friday, July 6.
Marlins Breeze Past Tobs
 - Marlins get first win of second half over Wilson.
Five-Run Seventh Propels Steamers Over Marlins
 - Marlins drop third game of second half to first-place Edenton.
Pilots Score 12 Unanswered, Run Away with a 13-5 Win
 - Marlins drop second straight as Pilots win.
Fish and ‘Dogs Split Twinbill in Morehead City
 - Marlins win first game in walk-off fashion before dropping nightcap.
Sharks Score Early, Late as Marlins Fall
 - Marlins drop second straight in loss to Wilmington.
Fish Flop in Loss to Sharks
 - Marlins drop third straight in loss to Sharks.
Marlins Pair With Boys and Girls Club
 - Marlins link up with Boys and Girls Club of Coastal Carolina.
Petersburg Takes Pitcher's Duel as Marlins Fall
 - Marlins fall on walk-off single at Petersburg.
Marlins and Sharks Start Late, End Suspended
 - Game suspended between the Marlins and Sharks.
Sharks Down Marlins in Comeback, Walk-Off Fashion
 - Sharks score five in the ninth in walk-off victory.
Marlins Spoil Strong Starting Pitching, Fall to Owls
 - Owls drop Marlins for sixth straight loss.
Marlins Erupt for Season-High 15 Runs in Win
 - Marlins snap six-game skid with 15-3 victory.
Marlins Drop 5-2 Decision at Wilmington
 - Marlins drop Sunday evening contest at Wilmington.
Annunziata, Bass Make All-Star Team
 - Annunziata and Bass to participate in All-Star game.
Annunziata in Home Run Derby
 - Annunziata, second in the league in home runs, to compete in Home Run Derby.
Marlins Come Back, Walk-Off Past Pilots
 - Marlins win third walk-off game of the season.
Steamers Take Advantage of Marlins Mistakes in Victory
 - Marlins drop third walk-off game in eight days.
Love and Theft to Perform at Marlins Game
 - Love and Theft concert to take place at Big Rock Stadium.
Steamers Stifle Bats, Marlins Drop Second Straight
 - Marlins lose back-to-back games to Steamers.
Marlins and SwampDogs Rained Out
 - Marlins and SwampDogs rained out Friday night.
Robinson Stellar, Marlins Bats Explode in Win
 - Marlins knock season-high 18 hits in blowout win.
Marlins to Auction Pink Jerseys
 - Marlins to auction pink jerseys on Saturday, July 28.
Behind Pitching, Cranmer, Marlins Sweep First-Place Fayetteville
 - Ryan Cranmer launches two home runs in Marlins twin bill sweep.
Pitching, Timely Hitting Propel Marlins Past RedWolves
 - Fish down Florence 4-0, win fourth straight.
Wainman Brilliant, Marlins Win Fifth Straight
 - Wainman tosses a complete game shutout in 2-0 win.
Marlins Swim Past Snakes, Win Sixth Straight
 - Marlins get go-ahead run in ninth, win sixth straight game.
Marlins and Generals Suspended, To Be Completed Monday
 - Marlins and Generals suspended after one full inning.
Wainman Selected Pitcher of the Week
 - Wainman earns honor after complete game shutout
Marlins Take Twin Bill for Eight Straight Wins
 - Marlins sweep Generals on the road.
Marlins Win Ninth Straight in Comeback Fashion
 - Marlins down Pilots 7-6 for ninth straight win.
Marlins Jump the Sharks, Sweep Doubleheader
 - Marlins win 10th and 11th straight in doubleheader sweep.
Marlins Drop Season Finale, Eliminated From Playoffs Race
 - Marlins drop final game, season comes to an end.
2012 Season in Review
 - Looking back on the 2012 Morehead City Marlins season.
Marlins Break Top 30 in National Attendance
 - On Tuesday, Ballpark Digest released their summer collegiate attendance rankings for 2012. The rankings were compiled from 147 summer teams across 17 leagues around the country. The Morehead City Marlins cracked the Top 30 for the first time in franchise history.
Former River Rats Ace, Tom Koehler, Debuts for Miami
 - Former New Bern River Rats ace Tom Koehler (courtesy of the New Bern River Rats) saw his ultimate dream come true Wednesday night (September 5) as he debuted for the Miami Marlins.